Dark Mode
Thursday, 13 June 2024
ePaper   
Logo
Toxic gas exposure kills one at Adabar

Toxic gas exposure kills one at Adabar

Staff Correspondent

A man died and over a dozen people fell sick after inhaling toxic gas in Dhaka’s Adabar area on Tuesday.

The deceased was identified as Kabir Hossain, a day labourer by profession.

Jakir Hossain, who brought Kabir to Dhaka Medical College and Hospital (DMCH), said a chemical drum exploded at a scrap material shop in the Beribadh area adjacent to Shyamoli Housing Project-2 this morning.

Many dwellers also became ill after being exposed to the toxic gas, he said.

Kabir was rushed to Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College Hospital (ShSMCH) and later he was taken to DMCH where the on-duty physician declared him dead, Jakir said.

DMCH police outpost in-charge Inspector Md Bachchu Mia said the matter was informed to the police station concerned and the body was kept at the Dhaka Medical College morgue.

ShSMCH Director Md Shafiur Rahman said 14 people were hospitalised in the incident and nine of them were released later.

 

Comment / Reply From

Vote / Poll

ফিলিস্তিনের গাজায় ইসরায়েলি বাহিনীর নির্বিচার হামলা বন্ধ করতে জাতিসংঘসহ আন্তর্জাতিক সম্প্রদায়ের উদ্যোগ যথেষ্ট বলে মনে করেন কি?

View Results
হ্যাঁ
0%
না
0%
মন্তব্য নেই
0%

Archive

Please select a date!