Dark Mode
Sunday, 29 January 2023
Shops gutted, TK. 1 cr. damages in Cumilla

Shops gutted, TK. 1 cr. damages in Cumilla

Cumilla Correspondent




        Four shops in the same market were burnt to ashes in a devastating fire caused by an electric short-circuit  on  at Kashinagar Market in Chauddgram, Cumilla Sunday late night.

Businessmen Liton's Grocery Store, Shafiq's Cloth Shop, Mohi Uddin and Main Uddin's Cosmetics Shop were burnt down.  The goods and decoration furniture in the shop were burnt and caused a loss of around Tk.1 crore. A team of Chauddgram Fire Service reached the spot and brought the fire under control.‎
confirming the information on Monday night, Chauddagram Fire Service and Civil Defense -In -Charge Yasin Pradhan said, "Initially it is believed that the fire started from an electric short-circuit. On getting information we rushed to the spot and managed to bring the fire under control. This has made it possible to protect the entire market from fire'.‎
‎Grocery dealer Md. Liton, who was affected by the fire, said he rushed to the spot late  night after receiving information about a fire in the shop. He went and found that four shops, including his shop, were completely burnt down in the fire. The fire burnt goods worth around Tk. 50 lakh in his grocery store. He is now in mourning after losing the only bread and butter company.‎
Kashinagar UP Chairman Alhaj Md. Musharraf Hossain said that on receiving information about the fire, i rushed to the spot and informed the fire service. The fire service rushed to the spot and brought the fire under control. This saved other shops in the market. He said the four burnt shops suffered a loss of around Tk. 90 lakh. At the same time, he expressed optimism for official cooperation of the traders affected by the fire.‎


Comment / Reply From


Please select a date!

Vote / Poll

জার্মানির বার্লিন বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের গবেষণায় দেখা গেছে, নাক দিয়েও মস্তিস্কে করোনা হানা দেয়। আপনি কি মনে করেন মস্তিস্কে করোনার আক্রমণ রক্ষার্থে মাস্ক ই যথেষ্ট?

View Results